You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Triumph’ category.

Well, I flew up to Seattle last weekend to spend some time with family and to do some work on the Triumph. Dirk, Paul, and I pulled the bad rear differential out. The rebuilt one Paul found on craigslist looked good. Until we filled it with fluid. The front main seal leaked. Thankfully Carquest up in Everett had a new one in stock. Replaced the seal, tested it out, and installed it.

Once we had the rear end taken care of we played with the timing and carbs a bit, got her running, and for the first time in 17 years she drove down the road under her own power. (The last trip up we only had it go up and down the driveway, where we learned the spider gears in the rear end were broken). Here we are with Marnie letting the car warm up a bit before trying our first drive down the road.

Here are a couple of before and afters of the tail light wiring and fuse box’s. Just making a record of some of the work so far. It’s been a fun vacation working on the car.

One of the fuse panels before I cleaned it up

One of the fuse panels before I cleaned it up

 

After some clean up

After some clean up no longer all red

 

The second fuse panel, all red with overspray

The second fuse panel, all red with over spray

 

Cleaned off the red paint and labeled a bit

Cleaned off the red paint and labeled a bit

 

Rough diagram of the fuse panel wiring.

Rough diagram of the fuse panel wiring.

 

Blog Stats

  • 60,770 hits
November 2019
S M T W T F S
« Jun    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930