Well, I flew up to Seattle last weekend to spend some time with family and to do some work on the Triumph. Dirk, Paul, and I pulled the bad rear differential out. The rebuilt one Paul found on craigslist looked good. Until we filled it with fluid. The front main seal leaked. Thankfully Carquest up in Everett had a new one in stock. Replaced the seal, tested it out, and installed it.

Once we had the rear end taken care of we played with the timing and carbs a bit, got her running, and for the first time in 17 years she drove down the road under her own power. (The last trip up we only had it go up and down the driveway, where we learned the spider gears in the rear end were broken). Here we are with Marnie letting the car warm up a bit before trying our first drive down the road.

Advertisements