Well, it’s been a bit slow going, but we’re making progress on the trailer. I’ve replaced the top vent
Out with the old

From Projects

and in with the new

From Projects

I’ve removed and resealed most of the windows, all of the J-molding and given the trailer a rough coat of primer and paint. I’ve cut out the rotten supports and wood and replaced with new. I’ve also pulled and replaced the bad panels with new Luaun 1/8″ panels. All of the drawers, doors, and misc have been removed, cleaned up, primed and painted.

Here’s Roberta putting some more primer and paint on the inside.

From Projects

Slowly but surely we are getting it ready to use again. Amazing that after 50+ years it’s still a usable fun little trailer. When I get home tonight I’ll try to find the pictures of the back half of the trailer peeled like an orange. I had to remove the outer skin from the back to get all the rotted wood cut out and replaced.

Advertisements